1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. lite tofu, cubed
2 TBS tamari or soy sauce, divided
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 – 3 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cumin or more to taste
cayenne to taste
1 medium head of broccoli, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup of roasted cashews
1. chop the cashews.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium/medium low and add cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft.
3. Add tofu andd 1 TBS tamari; saute until brown. Remove from pan.
4. In the same pan, mix the peanut butter, lemon juice, remaining TBS tamari, cumin and cayenne. Thin with up to a cup of water to make a gravy-like texture.
5. Stir in the tofu mixture.
6. Steam the broccoli and cook the brown rice.
7. Serve the tofu sauce over the rice and the broccoli, topped with cashews.
source: Rob Summerbell