- 1 large bunch kale, washed and coarsely chopped Dinosaur kale is my favorite
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 shallots, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan. Add shallots and allow them to cook 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute, stirring often to prevent burning.
Add kale, broth, and salt and pepper, mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Remove the cover and continue cooking until most of the broth has cooked away. Serve hot and Enjoy!