- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (I like roasted ground ginger)
- 4 half-pint jars, sterilized
- Add the tomatoes to a blender or food processor. Pulse several times to crush the tomatoes.
- Transfer the tomato puree to a medium skillet set over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, lemon zest and juice, and ground ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and jammy – this will take about an hour. (To test, dip a cool, metal spoon into the jam. It should slide of the spoon in a thick sheet – not in watery droplets.)
- Ladle the jam into the jars and seal. The jam is delicious right away, but tastes even better after a few weeks.
Recipe sourced from here!