- 1 medium-large zucchini, grated
- 1 spring onion, minced
- 3 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 small kohlrabi, leaves removed, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine zucchini, carrots, kohlrabi, and spring onion in a cheese cloth* and wring out any excess water. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix to coat evenly.
- Add olive oil to cast iron skillet (or a regular frying pan is OK) over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough, drop 1/4 cup of fritter batter into the pan and flatten out with a spatula. Depending on the size of your skillet, cook a few fritters at a time, leaving space in-between. Cook for a 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown and crispy.
- Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel to absorb some oil. Serve with yogurt sauce.
- Mix yogurt, lemon zest, parsley, avocado oil, and salt until combined. Serve alongside fritters.
*If you don't have a cheese cloth, add veggies to a strainer and sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes and then wring out excess liquid with hands. **To save time, shred vegetables in a food processor instead of hand grating them.