- 1 large bag pecans
- 1 lb. okra, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-4 eggs
- 3 T flour
- Salt & pepper
- Oil, for frying
- Ranch, for dipping
- Pulse all pecans in a food processor until ground. Pour into a shallow dish. Whisk together eggs and flour (or buttermilk) in another shallow dish.
- Pour oil 2 inches high in a medium or large pot or shallow pan. Preheat oil to 350^. Season okra with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then the ground pecans.
- Fry 5-6 minutes at 350^ until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack with paper towels underneath to cool.
- Serve with a ranch sauce.
Thanks to Whitney from That Square Plate for this yummy recipe!