- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ear of corn (fresh sweet peak-season corn preferred)
- 1 large, white onion, diced
- 1 pound (about 15-20) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the okra until it’s bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain well and allow to cool to room temperature. Cut the okra into 1/2 inch pieces, and discard the stems.
- Add the okra, beans, corn, onion, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl, and toss gently until the olive oil is evenly distributed. Chill for 30 minutes or more. Before serving, cut the avocado into 1/4-inch pieces and gently toss with the salad. Add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
Thanks to Food & Wine for this awesome recipe!