Green Gate Farms welcomes the community to its historic, certified organic farm for family fun and educational events. Activities listed here are in addition to our weekly farm tour (every Saturday at noon) and Free Fridays at the Farm, a self-guided morning outing.
- Farm memberships available (CSA)
Weekly subscriptions of organic vegetables, flowers, eggs and pastured meats. More information and join here »
- Farm Stand open to all!
Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
More information here »
- NEW: Pony Cart Rides
Saturdays in May, 11am – 12pm
Fun for all ages as our three-year-old paint White Socks rides you around the farm and neighborhood. Just $5 per person (first ride free for CSA members).
- Yoga in the Hayloft
Saturdays, May 21, 10:00-11:00. One of the most memorable places you’ll ever exercise is the hayloft of our historic barn. You’ll leave limber and relaxed. ($12 per class, $10 CSA members)
- Adult Farm Camp
Sunday, May 8, 9am-1pm
Perfect gift for Mother’s Day. Does someone you know like to garden, does she daydream about owning a farm one day? Come to camp and get a behind-the-scenes look at Green Gate Farms. All aspects of the farm are reviewed. Spend the morning beside farmers learning the ropes about livestock management, organic vegetable production, composting, irrigation, and more. Campers leave with tips that are sure to improve your own farm or garden, regardless of size. Resources shared over lunch (bring your own). (A few spaces left, $50 per camper) More information and sign up here »
- Wanderlust Ice Cream Mad Hatter Party
Friday, May 13, begins at 5pm
Participants must wear a hat and unusual dress. Former Green Gate Farms employee Farmer Angel has launched Wanderlust, an artisanal ice cream company, and this is a fun way of celebrating her latest concotion. Feel free to bring a teacup for your ice cream as well as iced tea or tea snacks. ($5 suggested donation).
- June 4th! First Annual Hootenanny, Green Gate River Farm, 176 Howard Lane, Bastrop, begins at 3pm, ends late. Celebrate Green Gate Farms 5th Birthday with – hayrides, camping, potluck, dancing, music, barn-building workshops, goat roast, potluck dinner, silent auction and more to benefit New Farm Institute.
- Introduction to Bee Keeping
Saturday, June 18, 12-2pm
Meet Raul of Mars Honey, the man who has installed hives all over our farms. This two-hour seminar reviews the basics of beekeeping so you can get started with your own bees. Raul has even built a see-through hive! ($25 per person, $20 for CSA members). let us know you’re interested.
- El Locavore Supper Club If you’ve ever sampled the baked and or BBQed treats created by Barbara and Brian Frisbie, you know they can cook. Soon, they will be cooking at the farm. We’ll keep you posted on their next dinner in the field…