Spring 2012 marks our seventh year of providing freshly harvested, organic vegetables to our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) members and farm stand shoppers.
This year’s rains means our spring season is likely to begin sooner than usual. Here’s a quick overview:
- Our 20-week vegetable/flower/egg CSA season may begin the week of March 12th or 18th; it will continue until the end of July.
- Typically, our spring season is 10 weeks (March-May), followed by a 10-week summer season (May-July).
- Our farm’s operation depends upon members who sign up now and support us throughout our growing season. We order seed and plant to satisfy our members. We are not a delivery service, with folks dropping in and out, we are a small family-run farm.
- We encourage our members to participate in the farm, come to relax and picnic, as well as enjoy discounted admission to events and workshops.
- Our flexible online payment system has been created to make it easier for people to join. However, the bulk of a farmer’s costs are at the start of the season; please consider paying as much as possible now. That’s how farmer-run CSAs function best.
- Our farm stand will reopen as soon as the fields are producing enough for our membership and the general public, probably toward the end of March. Hours are still Tuesday, 4-6; Friday 12-6; Saturday 10-2.