2018 Flower CSA
April 9 – June 30, 2018
Our bouquets feature what’s growing on the farm — flowers, herbs, vegetable scapes, wildflowers and sometimes striking weeds. We’re drawn to shapes and scents and surprises so the result is a little on the wild side. If you are new to freshly harvested bouquets, our weekly newsletter and CSA Members Facebook group provides tips on how to care for — and sometimes eat — your bouquet. Many of our members pick up their flowers when they get their vegetable and/or egg shares. But you can also sign up to receive just flowers, either weekly or every other week. Read more about our Flower CSA in the first edition of Rodale’s Organic Life.
Sign-up Online (below)
1. Choose your CSA option
- Every Week (12 Bouquets): $240
- Every Other Week (6 Bouquets): $120
- Vegetables and Eggs:
2. Choose your pick up location
- Each site has an assigned day and time, so select a site with a convenient location that also fits your schedule. Check out the map and list of sites below.
- Leave all other fields set to “NA”
3. Complete the purchase using your debit/credit card or mail us a check:
- Make checks payable to: Green Gate Farms, 8310 Canoga Ave., Austin, Texas, 78724. Please be sure to list your CSA preference.
- Paying for your CSA in a one-time payment gives our farmers a better idea of what needs to be planted and greatly helps the farm However, if you need payment plan options, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Your membership matters. Your participation in our flower CSA is the fuel that allows us to take risks, try new varieties and keep our flower business growing. So, enough with faraway flowers that have no scent! Why buy factory flowers grown in Ecuador when you can help flower growers thrive right here at home?
Note: We’re seeking a photographer to take weekly flower share portraits in exchange for food/flowers…Give us a call!
2018 SPRING/SUMMER FLOWER CSA SCHEDULE
Week 1: April 9-14
Week 2: April 16-21
Week 3: April 23-28
Week 4: April 30-May 5
Week 5: May 7-12
Week 6: May 14-19
Week 7: May 28-June 2
Week 8: May 28-June 2
Week 9: June 4-9
Week 10: June 11-16
Week 11: June18-23
Week 12: June 25-30
|Winter 2018 Flower CSA|
|Tuesday Pick up Locations|
|Wednesday Pick up Locations|
|Thursday Pick up Locations|
|Friday and Saturday Pick up Locations|
Other Ways To Enjoy Our Organic Flowers
What’s more fun than eating your centerpiece? For folks who love to cook there is nothing better. Our edible bouquets are perfect in the kitchen, where you can rip off flavor as you cook. Bouquets feature whatever’s in season.
Our bouquets are eye-catching and unusual because our organic vegetable farm offers a wide variety of materials to work with. Let us know how many bundles you need and we’ll be happy to prepare them for your event.
Weddings and Special Events
We love creating memorable designs for special events. We’re putting a book together now of the work we’ve done for the many events we’ve hosted. Nothing beats certified organic or wildflowers for your special event so give us a call to see how we can help.
You can check out some of our sample bouquets, and past events here, too.
U-pick is available when excess quantities are available during Farm Stand hours. Please call or email us for available quantities.
This season we have limited wholesale flowers available so contact us to discuss what we have.