Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
What is a CSA?
“Community Supported Agriculture is a connection between a nearby farmer and the people who eat the food that the farm produces. Food producers + food consumers + annual commitment to one another = CSA and untold possibilities”
Sharing the Harvest, a book written by the farmers who harvested the first CSA vegetable shares in the U.S. in 1986
For us, that means:
- Providing weekly or bi-weekly seasonal, certified organic vegetables and flowers, and top quality meats and eggs.
- A place where children explore livestock and fields, and where adults learn and participate in the health of their living space.
- Access to our farms for canoeing, camping, field trips, volunteering, exploring and relaxing
SNAP Lone Star CSA
There are few healthy food options where our farms are located (on the eastside of Austin and westside of Bastrop), which is one reason why we support federal feeding programs like WIC and SNAP, thanks to assistance provided by Sustainable Food Center.
Delicious, certified organic vegetables at your fingertips!
Sign up to reserve your share of the bounty1
Sustainable farmers near you are raising incredible tasting meats using humane methods, but it can be hard to find. No more! Join our monthly meat CSA and take the guesswork out of your pastured meats.
Organic Egg CSA
We carry Jeremiah Cunningham’s World’s Best Eggs from Coyote Creek Farm – the only certified organic feed mill in Central Texas. Located in Elgin, TX – they do all pasture-raised eggs with specific feed mixes to ensure their hens lead the highest quality life.
Eggs are available at our Farm Stand or you can join our Egg CSA. The Egg CSA runs on the same schedule as the Vegetable CSA.
EXISTING MEMBERS: Add a certified organic egg share to your existing subscription.
How It Works
Review Our CSA FQA Page
First, we encourage you to learn about what food we grow and what makes our CSA unique. Each farm is like a fingerprint, influenced by a whole host of factors ranging from location to the grower’s personality. Review our pickup locations, share sizes, payment options, workshare information and more to decide if this is a good fit for you.
CSA Frequently Asked Questions
Review Our Terms & Conditions/CSA Contract
If you choose to join our CSA, please make sure you’ve reviewed our Terms and Conditions and CSA Contract.
2016 CSA Terms & Conditions
Sign Up Online
- Seasonal Membership: Pay in full or in 2 installments
- Omnivore’s Delight Membership: Support all of the farm! When you participate in all of our CSAs – Meat, Vegetable, Egg and Flower — receive a 10% seasonal discount, free Green Gate Farms t-shirt and tote.
*Only available during the Fall and Spring/Summer CSA seasons.
Become a Member & Start Enjoying the Benefits
- Online ordering system that makes shopping and payments extremely easy
- Convenient pick-up locations/times
- A weekly newsletter with farm news, recipes, and upcoming events at our farm