Take some time to enjoy Green Gate Farm’s fresh organic produce on a whole new level with cooking classes at our brand new outdoor cooking pavilion in the herb garden. Our pavilion was constructed just for the purpose of cooking beside the field of produce.
Chef Kert Peterson of Kert’s Natural Kitchen, is teaching a 3-part series of classes which will focus on the preparation of quick, easy, healthy meals showcasing the seasonal flavors of Green Gate Farms produce.
Each class in the 3-part series begins with a “harvest tour” with Farmer Skip Connett, and culminates in a casual sit-down lunch of the dishes prepared by students. Family members are welcome to join the lunch (included in the cost).
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
– hands-on veggie harvest and preparation
– seasonal meal planning and menu selection
– knife handling and cutting methods
– pressure cooking for optimal flavor
(inclusion in class will depend on in-season produce):
– ginger garlic-braised collard greens.
– herbed squash with tomatoes and onions.
– corn pones made with millet and quinoa (gluten free).
– lemon green-apple cole slaw.
– simple whole grains with savory sauces.
– garbanzo green bean salad with mustard dressing.
– sake-ginger tempeh tacos with farm sprouts.
Classes are from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM, Saturdays in May
(5/8, 5/15, 5/22). You may take one, two or three classes.
COST is $49 per class, or $129 for the series (includes all equipment
and produce). Green Gate Farms current CSA members receive a 10% discount (subscribe today to receive your discount!)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bring your favorite knife, wear closed-toe shoes,
comfortable work clothing and expect to get a little dirty.
Class size is limited to 10 so register early!
TO REGISTER, contact Elizabeth McCain.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION on class format or content, contact Kert Peterson.