FOR THE CUCUMBER SOUP:
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 pound silken tofu
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons white wine, or champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 large, ripe tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 of 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
TO MAKE THE CUCUMBER SOUP:
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for the soup. Purée until smooth. Refrigerate at least two hours to chill before serving. Season to taste.
TO MAKE THE PICO DE GALLO:
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and olive oil. Toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and add salt accordingly. Chill two hours before serving for flavors to develop.
- Ladle cold soup into chilled bowls.
- Carefully spoon pico de gallo onto soup so that it doesn’t plop to the bottom, but rests gently on top.
Recipe sourced from here!