3 Tb butter
2 Tb shallots (minced)
4 chives (stems, chopped)
1⁄4 tsp thyme (dried, ground)
1 1⁄2 bunch chard (about 10 stalks, finely chopped. (USE STALKS ONLY and save greens for another recipe)
cream cheese (softened)
toasted, sliced french bread or gourmet crackers
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add chives, thyme, and chopped chard stalks.
- Sauté until stalks are tender, tossing to coat with butter.
- Transfer to bowl and let cool, patting with paper towels to soak up excess butter.
- Stread cream cheese on toasted bread or crackers.
- When chard is cool, spoon some onto each piece of toast or cracker
Source: Mara Rosenbloom