- 2 cloves garlic
- Half of an onion
- 3 c carrots
- 5 c liquid (I used 3 c vegetable broth, 2 c water)
- 1 c (packed) kale
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan reggiano for topping
- Sauté your chopped garlic cloves with half of a diced onion in a soup pot until the onions are soft and translucent. Turning the heat to a simmer, add your chopped carrot, vegetable broth, water, ginger and thyme. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes until your carrots are soft.
- Wash and finely chop your kale into small pieces. Once the carrots are soft, use an immersion blender to puree majority of the carrots. Add the kale and orange juice. Taste and add salt and pepper, and let everything simmer together for another 5 minutes so that the kale softens. Serve with lots of parmesan on top!
Thanks a million to Marisa at Uproot Kitchen for this delicious recipe.