- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb low-sodium lean ham, no added nitrates or nitrites, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine (TRY: Jovial Foods 100% Organic Einkorn Whole Wheat Pasta – Linguine)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (avoid using nonfat)
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced radish tops, rinsed well and patted dry, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pepper and ham and continue cooking for 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook linguine al dente according to package directions. Drain quickly, then immediately return linguine to hot pot. Crack egg over top of linguine and use a pasta fork to gently fold and stir egg into pasta, about 1 minute. When egg has turned opaque and thick, add reserved pepper-ham mixture to linguine. Gently toss to combine. Add yogurt and radishes and gently toss to combine. Serve hot, garnishing with radish tops (if using).
Several thanks to Clean Eating for this yummy recipe!