EmploymentCultivating Organic Food, Communities, and Farmers
- “Urban Farm” — 5-acres with a farm stand on historic urban farmstead 8 miles east of downtown Austin;
- “River Farm” — 33-acre tract 25 minutes east of downtown Austin (and 8 miles west of Bastrop) along the Colorado River.
- Be a passionate grower, eager to learn about what it takes to succeed in Central Texas
- Have at least two years farming or gardening experience with a record of increasing responsibilities
- Able to guide and work alongside volunteers/workshare members, some of whom have farming aspirations
- Be fit, able to lift 50 pounds, and move heavy coolers
- A sense of humor
- Actively contribute to the harmony of the farm
- Carpentry skills, not required but preferred
- Spanish speaker, not required but preferred
- Hourly compensation based upon experience, pay increases with responsibilities
- Access to Colorado River for canoeing, fishing, swimming
- May progress to year round position with generous vacation time (review in August)
- Vegetables, eggs and meat allowance provided
- Free attendance at Farm Camp for up to two of your children
- Tuition for one in-state farming/food conference provided after one year of service
Start Date: Immediately. Application Process —Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, followed by on-farm working interview. Please dress appropriately, bring water/snack. (If you are not able to come to the farm, please do not apply). No calls, please. Job posting will be removed from website when position is filled.
New Farm Institute at Green Gate Farms, www.newfarminstitute.org. The mission of New Farm Institute (NFI), a 501(c)3 organization, is to educate, assist and inspire citizens and a new generation of sustainable farmers.